A sweet treat to have on occasion that is gluten free but also does not contain brown rice flour. Many GF products contain brown rice flour which is high in arsenic so it is best to limit the amount of brown rice and brown rice flour if eating a GF diet. See my article on the benefits of millet http://trufoodsnutrition.com/10-reasons-why-you-should-add-this-grain-seed-into-your-diet/
- ½ c. coconut sugar
- ½ c. organic brown sugar
- 1 c. peanut butter (or try with almond butter)
- ½ c. grass fed butter softened (or if DF use spectrum)
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 1 /2 T. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ c. millet flour
- ¼ c. arrow root starch
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- Dash sea salt
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips (I like Lily’s or Enjoy Life chocolate chip brands)
- Cream the butter with the sugars and the peanut butter. Add the egg and blend
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, starch, baking soda and powder and salt
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine well
- Add in the dark chocolate.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Place dough on parchment lined cookie tray and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
If you are sick and tired of feeling sick, tired, fatigued, depressed, anxious and more and have given up hope then Karen’s simple, effective, individualized and sustainable approach may be what you need.
Karen Brennan, MSW, CNC, Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition and Herbalist is the author of Tru Foods Depression Free Nutrition Guide; How Food Supplements and herbs can be used to lift your mood and owner of Tru Foods Nutrition Services, LLC.
For more information visit www.trufoodsnutrition.com
Get her Food Swap Guide here to get started on your health journey today! Want more information, like her fb page here
As a nutrition professional, Karen does not treat, cure nor diagnose. This information is for educational purposes only